Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Austin, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure’s Austin, TX office is seeking a senior level (over 5 years of applicable experience) Civil 3D Drafter / Designer candidate with advanced computer aided design (CAD) skills and meaningful experience in infrastructure design to support the Infrastructure Branch, primarily for Civil/Site Development. In addition to Civil/Site Development, the Infrastructure Branch performs work in several other discipline/practice areas – including water/wastewater, transportation, drainage/flood control – thus the candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of infrastructure projects.
Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings for renewable energy and transportation facility designs. The position will also support other infrastructure projects, including but not limited to site civil (including wet utility design, site grading and drainage), roadway design, and stormwater basins/channels.
- Support civil site development work, primarily energy and transportation system drafting/design
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations and project documentation
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from project team
- Work with project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Create and update database of design records for future reference
- Adhere to discipline-specific CAD standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate of Science (AS) degree in drafting/CAD technology or similar preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience preparing design drawings (using Autodesk AutoCAD® Civil 3D®) related to site development
- Experience producing design drawings for Solar Energy facilities is a plus
- Experience with MicroStation on transportation projects is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with national and local codes related to site drainage and erosion control
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proven ability to read and understand both 2D and 3D drawings
- Knowledge or understanding the principals of surveying helpful
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.