Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Midrand, South Africa
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for 2x Electrical Engineers with extensive experience in the oil and gas, petrochemical industry. One position will be based full time in South Africa and the second will spend part time in South Africa before relocating to the site in Mozambique.
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used on assigned projects meet the Client’s requirements and/or those issued by FW
- Carry out electrical engineering work as required by the lead electrical engineer in accordance with the agreed project schedule
- Prepare general notes requisitions for electrical equipment on assigned projects
- Assists the designers with the preparation of electrical drawings on assigned projects
- Set up and maintain electrical databases on assigned projects
- Specify and prepare material requisitions for electrical equipment on assigned projects
- Prepare technical bid evaluations for electrical equipment on assigned projects
- Review and approve supplier documents for electrical work on assigned projects
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT’s) for electrical equipment (or equipment with significant electrical content) on assigned projects
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc / BEng / BTech, NDip Electrical Engineering
- PR. Eng or PR. Tech Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.