Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure seeks a self-motivated leader to manage the environmental investigation and remediation services practice in the Pittsburgh, PA office. Amec Foster Wheeler offers broad based environmental services to both public and private clients including planning and permitting, characterization and remediation, and compliance. The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills including a strong technical understanding of their primary area of practice and experience in other aspects of environmental consulting, including business development and business management interests and experience, and demonstrated relationship-building abilities.
- Provide leadership in technical, business development, financial and administrative aspects of the consulting business to sustain and expand a successful environmental operation
- Manage and expand a diverse technical workforce to support environmental projects - Disciplines include construction management, geology, geochemistry, hydrology, hydrogeology, biology, air quality, soil science, environmental planning, socio-economics, etc.
- Coordination with other Amec Foster Wheeler E&I units
- Develop strategic plans for unit and work with OM on office-wide strategic planning
- Develop financial budgets for unit
- Lead business development for unit and work with OM on office-wide business development
- Manage the financial aspects with monthly and quarterly business metric reporting
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff and Amec Foster Wheeler leadership
- Develop existing staff and identify and recruit new prospects for future growth
- Assure delivery of quality products
- Provide senior review and direction on technical projects
- Serve as senior project manager and/or project expert on specific tasks or projects
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/MS in Geology, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Safety and Environmental Management
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- High-level strategic planning, organization and execution skills
- Proven track record of profitable business management
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, with 5-10 years management experience, preferably for an environmental consulting firm
- Experience managing large projects
- Experience in business management including financials
- Experience managing and motivating diverse workforce of project managers and technical staff
- Experience in developing business within construction, environmental investigation and remediation services
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.