Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is a rapidly growing engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff, and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting for a Retube Technician – Electrical and I&C at Bowmanville, ON for the Darlington Refurbishment. The Darlington Refurbishment is a 10 year multi-billion dollar mega project employing thousands of workers. The planning phase of the project is nearly complete and the execution will commence in October 2016.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform oversight on OPG’s vendor that will executing the field work. Oversight includes:
- Review Comprehensive work packages, ITPs and Work Plans
- Preform oversight of the field activities performed by vendor staff
- Review adherence to schedule by vendor
- Ensure vendor has appropriate planning in place and is ready to execute (eg. Training, tooling, procedures)
Skills / Qualifications
- Past retube experience at Wolsong, Pointe Lepreau or Bruce Power nuclear generating stations
- Or 5+ years of reactor maintenance experience
In addition, the candidate must possess the following:
- Drivers Licence as the role is at clients site (Bowmanville, ON)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Well developed initiative and problem solving skills
- A team player with the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks.
Please note that this a Contract position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.