Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Power and Process business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada’s gas processing, power generation, and power distribution companies.
Amec Foster Wheeler currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager, Transmission Lines. Reporting to the Manager of Projects, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for the successful execution of projects in our Vancouver office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Safe, environmentally responsible, timely and on-budget delivery of high voltage transmission line projects on an EPCM basis
- Managing the project through its lifecycle, starting from project definition, development of the project plan, budget, schedule, procurement and contracting strategies, through the engineering, procurement and construction phases
- Coordinating project team members and sub-contractors, as well as the client to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of transmission line projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Managing the Key Performance Indicators
- Acting as a professional resource for the successful completion of multiple challenging transmission and distribution projects
- Providing status reports to the project sponsors, the client and management regarding the overall project progress and performance
- Developing relationship and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Amec Foster Wheeler personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Acting preventively to avoid safety and environmental issues as well to maintain efficient project delivery
- Gathering up to date information, first hand, at project sites within British Columbia
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal project teams
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support staff
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university and a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years engineering or operations experience preferably on transmission line utility projects, including at least 5 years increasing responsibility as a project manager
- Extensive experience in transmission lines is considered an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.