Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a Construction Superintendent. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Construction Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Communicate the construction requirements to all contractors and AmecFW staff and co-ordinate the works of the contractors ensuring compliance and conformance with the worksite HSSE Plan, Quality Plan and AmecFW and Client requirement
- Ensure that all personnel on the site are instructed and motivated with respect to health, safety, security and environment requirements and comply with the site regulations and permit-to-work procedures
- Ensure all construction contractors supervision and labour, adhere strictly to the project drawings, specifications, standards and procedures
- Management guidance of supervision to ensure site productivity and efficiency results in meeting contract targets
- Ensure that all AmecFW Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) and Quality Policies are implemented and understood by all supervised staff and project contractors
- Support, promote and champion the AmecFW core values throughout the construction execution phase
- Ensure that the "Zero" Punch List mentality set for the construction execution phase is achieved, zero or minimal punch list in the test pack and system for the turnover dossier. To mentor as required via all construction supervision
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive track record in Civil, Mechanical and Piping Construction field activities within Oil & Gas, Power or Petrochemical sector
- Possess prior experience in Brownfield Projects
- Considerable experience of supervising Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard to the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.