Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a QA / QC Lead. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Quality and Turnover Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Assist and support Line Management and Supervision in all aspects of Quality, acceptance of the work, and turnover undertaken by Construction Operations and ensure that the content and objectives of the Foster Wheeler Quality Policy and manuals are implemented and understood by Foster Wheeler staff
- Review of contractor personnel CV’s, contractor performance, etc.
- Ensure that the job is done as per Client requirements and Standards and certify the quality of work done
- HSE conscious, implement, and maintain an appropriate, structured system for the filing and retrieval of records
- Coordinate with Home Office, Contractor, and Client on all issues
- Adherence to FW Code of Business Ethics and Conduct and ensure FW procedures are implemented at site
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical Diploma holder with 10+ Years of experience
- Must have worked in the capacity of Quality – Lead / Manager – in the construction of large Refinery / Petrochemical Plants, Preferably as PMC in at least one project
- Experience of coordinating construction of Petrochemical / engineering projects for implementation of Quality Management system. Should have thorough knowledge in interfaces and sequencing of large Refinery Complex, conversant with Quality Procedures, Inspection / Audit, Training, Adequate knowledge of Statutory Laws, Statutes, and International Codes & Standards related to Quality, Acquainted with ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001, and TQM
- Familiarity to all disciplines of construction like Civil, Mechanical, Welding, NDT, Coating, E&I, etc.
- Ability to solve problems and issues at site within the framework of FW systems
- Knowledge of understanding technical drawings is a must (e.g. P & ID, Isometrics, etc.)
- Knowledge on commercial implications in a project is a must
- Knowledge on Turnover (Project handover) documentation requirements, Approval of quality procedures, ITP’s, and other quality documents
- Knowledge on HSE is a must
- Exposure to multinational environment and working with foreign national will have added advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws