Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, NL, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an Electrical Protection & Control Engineer with extensive experience in the Utilities, Substation and T&D industries based out of our St. John’s project office. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing electrical protection and control contracts for large and complex and infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working under nominal supervision, managing electrical protection and control for multidisciplinary projects
- Monitoring quality of work and keeping a pulse on client expectations and requirements to ensure efficient project delivery
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues.
- Coordinating work with other project disciplines and external contracts to deliver solutions within tight deadlines.
- Selecting electrical equipment, coordinating with equipment vendors’ for the selection and specification of electrical equipment.
- Preparing reports and briefs
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 7 years of experience in electrical engineering fundamentals as they relate to Protection and Control for Electrical systems
- Experience in working with contractors and electrical equipment vendors
- Experience with Utility and or Industrial projects managing contractors/vendors
- Exposure to multidisciplinary engineering environment will be an asset
- Understanding of Contract Management methods and procedures
- Experience in the application of Electrical Standards and Codes
- Commercial/financial awareness.
- May be required to visit vendor/contactor sites during fabrication and job sites during construction..
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) with colleagues and Clients
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced project.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, willing to take on new challenges and grow their career.
- Strong attention to details, ability to work independently and showing initiative.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.