Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: New Cumnock, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler require a Access Site Engineer (Road Construction) for Overhead Lines Access projects initially in New Cumnock in East Ayreshire.
Ideally candidates should have significant experience within Highway / Road Construction.
- To be a key member successfully delivering the SWS Project. Take an active role in Safety, Environmental and Quality performance meeting the project objectives.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Actively participate in SHE matters
- Day to day Health and Safety matters of staff and sub-contractors working under your control
- To provide well-documented and timely information to support the Site Manager in project change control.
- Planning, day to day co-ordination and management of Foremen and Civil Operatives
- To determine material requirements and liaise with Procurement in a timely manner to ensure all materials are available to meet the project requirements
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Be able to safely set to work project activities to the principles of Beyond Zero - zero harm to people, plant and the environment
- Manage Jobs and Tasks reporting to the Site Manager
- Review and prepare project documents e.g. Toolbox talks, RAMS, Daily Allocation Sheets, Work Packs, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of the Project Assurance Plan and implementing the Inspection and Test Plan
- Actively participate in the Daily Project running, attending internal and client meetings.
- Ensure project activities adhere to current legislation and regulations e.g. CDM, PED and other site license requirements
- Actively checking and inspecting work faces ensuring that works are undertaken to plan and within specifications
- To work within established Company policies and procedures
- Coordinate/Liaising development and construction activities with 3rd Parties, namely, Local Councils, Highway Authorities, Environment Agencies, Network Rail, DNO, BT, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Significant access road constructione experience
- OHL project experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.