Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Madrid, Spain
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager for an important project in Spain, with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industry. Reporting to the Project DIrector, the Construction Manager will be responsible for organizing, managing and administering all construction project activities in accordance with company standards, relevant legislation and Client requirements.
The project consists in the revamping of a Vacuum Unit in Refinery in Eastern Spain. This role will suit an experienced Construction Manager with proven record of at least 15 years in construction projects in the refinery industry. The successful candidate will be expected to join the position immediately in Madrid for approximately 2 months and then move to site. Amec Foster Wheeler’s scope of work is expected to be completed in March 2018.
- Be fully familiar with the contract requirements, policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented
- Ensure that the Health, Safety, Environment, Security (HSES) and quality policy is understood and implemented by all supervised staff and construction contractors
- Ensure that the project achieves its objectives in respect of HSES, quality, cost and schedule
- Manage the construction work by Subcontractors, ensuring that the work is done in accordance with the specifications, calculations, drawings and terms of the contract
- Make sure the construction is done in accordance with the specifications and engineering drawings and establish the necessary inspection procedures to check the required quality
- Direct coordination meetings with the representatives of the Subcontractors to make sure the work is done in accordance with the construction programs
- Collaborate in the preparation of the monthly progress report to be sent to the Customer and the Project Manager
- Coordinate conclusion of construction and attendance at commissioning and start-up of the installations when necessary
- Oversee the completion and Turnover of the Permanent Installation, and obtain Client Acceptance of the completed works
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor / Master Degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the design and construction of chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, refinery facilities of the EPCM environment and at least 8 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in managing construction activities on site within the Oil & Gas (especially refining) industry
- Proven record of experience in construction management of modular projects
- Excellent command of Spanish and English languages
- High regard for Environmental Health and Safety culture and practice
- Good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate in an articulate manner with clients, consultants and subcontractors
- Ability to manage multi discipline design and construction teams
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Previous Amec Foster Wheeler experience would be an advantage
- Immediate availability to join the project
- Only applicants currently eligible to live and work in Spain can be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.