San Diego, CA, US
San Diego, CA, US
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is searching for an Environmental Engineer, Geologist, Hydrogeologist or Scientist, with 2 to 10 years of experience, to support environmental compliance, investigation and restoration projects in the San Diego office. A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in engineering, geology, hydrogeology, engineering geology, or related science field is required. Experience performing environmental consulting, compliance and environmental restoration work for the Navy, Marine Corps, or NAVFAC is a plus.
We are looking for self-motivated candidates who are able to work as part of a dynamic project team; think clearly; has good technical writing skills; and is preferably familiar with investigative and sampling methods used commonly in NAVFAC environmental compliance investigation and restoration. Projects include compliance with the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (RCRA), Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Solid Waste Disposal Act (SWDA), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Environmental Restoration, Navy (ER,N), Munitions Response Program (MRP), and Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) programs. We are looking for candidates with Navy, Marine Corps, or NAVFAC experience with environmental compliance and restoration that include audits, studies, investigations, sampling and analytical evaluations, engineering design, value engineering, pilot or treatability projects, relating to environmental compliance and restoration management. The candidate should understand laws and regulations for air media, water media, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, solid waste, petroleum, oils, and lubricants (POL), pollution prevention (P2), obtaining environmental permits, and performing environmental compliance activities.
Duties will include supporting the work described above in all aspects of project execution from performing field activities to developing reports and documents while ensuing work is performed in a safe manor and with a high level of quality as well as performance and / or oversight of a broad scope of field services. Candidates must be willing to travel to project sites throughout California and possibly Nevada and Arizona. Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record is a must.
Previous OSHA training (40-hour HAZWOPER and 30-hour Construction) and hazardous waste handling experience is preferred but not required. Candidate must be able to perform field work with exposure to a variety of climatic conditions, and potential exposure to hazardous materials and wastes.
- Oversee field activities including sampling, site audits, collect soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, and soil gas samples; collect data in complex field situations with supervision and document field activities
- Perform other field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare compliance, investigation, and engineering reports including work plans, health and safety plans, and summaries, data summaries, calculations, summary tables, figures, charts and report text
- Assist Project Manager and team with ensuring effective project execution, client communication and client relations
- Organize field work, assign tasks, and provide guidance to staff specialists and technicians
- Follow company safety policies and procedures, site safety standards and permit requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Effective writing skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or related science field
- 2 to 10 years of related professional experience; experience with Navy, Marine Corps or NAVFAC preferred
- Knowledge of environmental requirements with CWA, SDWA, CAA, TSCA, EPCRA, SWDA, CERCLA and RCRA is a plus
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail as well as a track record of producing quality work products
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must pass drug screening, background check and physical exam
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with AMECFW's driving policy
AMECFW is dedicated to providing its employees the opportunity to advance their careers and seeks people who are highly motivated to succeed. AMECFW is a leading consulting firm providing engineering, environmental, and remedial construction services to private and public clients worldwide, with approximately 100 offices nationwide. From concept to construction, and compliance to cost management. AMECFW's engineering and science professionals assist our clients achieve success by developing and implementing cost-effective and results-driven strategies while emphasizing safety and quality.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.