Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting for a Lead Piping Engineer with extensive experience within the brownfield oil and gas and petrochemical industry. This role is available on a staff basis only and will be based on a client site in Teesside.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout aspects
- Proven understanding of Pipe Specifications
- Proven skill at support selection
- Capable of pipe routing of all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&ID's and project standards, including specific service conditions and impact on piping design
- Management of two small teams of designers
- Development of apprentices and discipline design team.
- Control of schedule and manhour budgets.
- liaising with technical specialists in the home office
- Understanding and knowledge of modifications on live plant.
- Experience in carrying out site surverys safely
- Capable of representing the project to the Client
- Possess management skills and the ability to deliver projects
- Issue clear directions on targets, communicate concisely and develop the piping team on projects
- Maintain a strong work ethic and understand team dynamics and adjust behaviour to gain maximum advantage
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar related subject
Chartered engineer preferred
- Minimum of 15 - 20 years preferred.
- Demonstrate a wealth of relevant experience in brownfield oil and gas and or petrochemical industry
- Experience must include Detail Engineering of similar installations as Lead Engineer
- Ability to deal with resolution of technical and contractual issues and policing of the design to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Proven strong character and self-motivated individual
- Proven ability to engage in effective dealings with client.
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision and be technically strong
- Ability to manage team and workload with conflicting requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard to the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.