Didcot, United Kingdom
Didcot, United Kingdom
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Didcot, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting for a Managing Consultant - Corrosion & Irradiation Services to lead the development of business within a number of specialist areas: low temperature corrosion; irradiation testing of materials using a gamma irradiation facility; and the management of spent fuel.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the ‘Corrosion and Irradiation Services’ team within the OU.
- To provide technical leadership to the team to:
- Ensure high quality technical output
- Maintain, develop and expand the technical competences of the team as a whole
- Develop junior staff
- Ensure, where appropriate, integration of activities within the team.
- To develop the business of the team by:
- Maintaining the viability of existing business streams
- Developing new business streams for the team, leveraging skills within the team and other parts of Amec Foster Wheeler.
- To ensure that projects managed from within the Corrosion and Irradiation Services team are delivered to time, cost and quality.
Skills / Qualifications
- Be a recognised technical expert in some or all of the following areas:
- Low temperature corrosion
- The effects of irradiation of materials
- The management of spent nuclear fuel.
- Be an experienced project manager
- Have a significant profile with current and potential customers in the UK and overseas.
- Understand the markets in which the Corrosion and Irradiation Services team operates.
- Have the ability to maintain and nurture existing business streams whilst leveraging competences to grow business in new areas.
- Have a demonstrable ability to build, lead and motivate teams and to mentor and develop junior staff
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.