Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chonburi, Thailand
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for Mechanical Equipment Engineers. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Mechanical Equipment Engineering Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Effectively communicate and interface with other disciplines, clients, contractor and suppliers for the assigned work
- Support other disciplines for Mechanical Equipment selection, Equipment plot space & dimension, etc. suit for the application
- Prepare Technical Specifications, Mechanical Data Sheets, Requisitions and Sub-contract Requisitions for Mechanical Equipment for Inquiry and Order
- Technical Evaluation and Clarification of Supplier Bids – Completion of Technical Report to support order placement
- Lead technical discussion, meetings with Suppliers and Clients
- Review of Supplier documentation and applicable Engineering Deliverables for integration within project design engineering (GA / Details / Calculations / Fabrication procedures, etc.)
- Project technical support – familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP, etc.
- Attend Pre-Inspection Meetings, Perform Inspection and Witness Factory Acceptance and / or Site Acceptance testing of Mechanical Equipment where required
- Provide construction support and site support, as necessary for Equipment installation, start-up, and commissioning
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with the certified Engineering License
- A minimum of +2 years applicable and demonstrable experience working of Rotating, Package Equipment, Material Handling Equipment for Process Plant Project (Refinery/ Chemical / Petrochemical / Power / Oil & Gas)
- Working knowledge of recognised industry codes and standards (e.g. ANSI, ASME, ISO, API, BS etc.)
- Experiences of Equipment selections, specifications, requisitions, technical bids evaluation and Supplier document reviews etc in Engineering firms, Equipment Manufactures including an operation and maintenance of Process plant Equipment
- Work hard, Well organized, Proactive, High leadership, Team work attitude and Problem solving in a timely manner
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do and a desire to win
- Possess a good interpersonal skills with excellent English communication
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.