Toronto, ON, Canada
Toronto, ON, Canada
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Secure your future in Canada’s dynamic nuclear industry.
Be part of an exciting industry that provides challenge and opportunities for growth and development.
We are a member of the Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) global family. Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is an engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff, and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Section Manager- Electrical and I&C Design Engineering with extensive experience in the Nuclear industry.
- Provide Electrical and I&C design engineering quality products with associated project management to clients
- Assign resources, maintain budgets and schedules associated with assigned I&C projects
- Prepare/support bids in answer to clients’ requests for proposals
- Interface with clients and maintain a client focused culture within the Section
- Lead and maintain/develop a team of qualified Electrical and I&C designers
- Manage performance, coach and train staff
- Provide support to Director Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls
Deliver a comprehensive design engineering service including design, problem solving and root cause analysis of plant operating problems. You will be aware of the business aspects associated with investment in the plant assets and be capable of advising clients on the engineering risks and business benefits of alternative options.
This Section provides expertise in the following functional areas with the main focus on power generating stations and nuclear and conventional Structures, Systems, Equipment and Components:
- Performing technical evaluations of design deliverables;
- Developing design engineering process and procedures;
- Design, Installation and Commissioning of all Special and Safety related Systems (e.g. Reactor Control and Regulating Systems, Shutdown Systems, etc.)
- Electrical/I&C design and analysis in electrical power distribution, including application to nuclear plants
- Strong knowledge of generating station power upgrades including necessary system protection/system stability and relaying
- Performing design modifications and associated engineering tasks using established Engineering Change Control (ECC) processes
- Interfacing with projects, contractors and others to discuss results of assessments, identify and prioritize safety improvements;
- Leading audits and quality assessments;
- Mentoring and coaching a team of engineers
Manage and lead a team of professionals to provide service support to a variety of clients with the purpose of supporting and enhancing their business.
- Manage section
- Support the Directorate as a commercial operation
- Promote the overall business
- Provide input to business development plans
- Develop service offerings
- Build customer relations
- Recruit, develop and maintain expertise specific to the department role
- Understand customer needs and develop appropriate programs, projects and proposals to address these
- Complete all service contracts within commitments of schedule, effort and scope
- Manage quality processes and ensure best practices are followed
- Identify opportunities for synergy with other Amec Foster Wheeler Nuclear Canada service offerings
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrated capability to manage a knowledge-based work unit.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in leading technical projects to successful conclusions.
- Good understanding of nuclear power plant design and operation.
- You will be a Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering.
- Good understanding of Amec Foster Wheeler Nuclear Canada Quality Assurance requirements and applicable industry codes and standards.
- You are innovative, enthusiastic, a leader and ready to be part of our dynamic team.
The role of the successful manager will be to build and manage a strong and dynamic team, and to actively participate in activities to grow the business. Amec Foster Wheeler Nuclear Canada is a consulting, project-based company that emphasizes working together in the spirit of joint problem-solving and sharing resources on a company-wide basis. Your staff will be a resource base for major and minor projects in the company and you must operate as a key member of the team to ensure appropriate resource levels and capability are available.
Personal Qualifications & Characteristics:
In addition, you will be the type of person who displays strong leadership skills and is recognized by your peers and customers as a sound, practical, innovative, and helpful engineer. You will pride yourself in your ability to provide value-added solutions and to consistently deliver projects ahead of schedule and under budget. You must be able to visit client sites on a regular basis, mainly within Ontario, both for short and longer-term assignments.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.