Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: London, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Materials Technician to join our team in South Western Ontario (London, Hamilton, Cambridge and Sarnia). Our group provides construction materials testing and quality control services to a variety of clients from civil contractors to provincial and federal agencies. Our work spans many sectors including oil & gas, mining, hydro power development, highway infrastructure, municipal infrastructure, and commercial and industrial developments.
This position offers exciting and valuable opportunities for the motivated candidate to become trained in key aspects of our other related lines of business including environmental sciences, site assessment, remediation, earth sciences and geotechnical engineering. The position may include rotational work both within the province as well as outside Ontario on field projects, typically comprising of two- four weeks in the field. However please note that, positions can extend past this timeline. For these projects, mobilization, accommodations and meal cost will be provided or reimbursed.
- Perform laboratory and field testing and inspections for concrete, soils, aggregates, and asphalt in accordance with relevant standards and reporting results
- Ensuring field and laboratory equipment is maintained, repaired, calibrated as required
- Attain CCIL certification for concrete testing
- Maintain equipment, inventory and records required for a CCIL certified laboratory
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Adhering to all company safety rules and policies
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Technology or equivalent
- Current registration or eligibility for registration as a P.Tech. with AETTNL
- Familiar with civil construction practices and relevant testing standards
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems
- Strong written, verbal communication and people management skills
- Experience in writing technical reports, business development and client relations
- Able to work independently in a small office / laboratory setting and liaise with local office manager and supervisors
- Practical drafting experience using AutoCAD with knowledge of civil and municipal infrastructure design would be considered an asset
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving experience
- Travel out of town and willing to work overtime
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.