Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Novi, MI, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Level Engineer to join our team in Novi, MI.
Are you an Engineer with 10 to 20 years of environmental experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with Junior and Senior Staff on a variety of technically challenging projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Performs routine office assignments (technical and non-technical), receives instructions on objectives, complex features and possible solutions, receives nominal supervision and review of work.
- The position is approximately 10% field work and 90% office work on a variety of projects including industrial, state and federal sites
- Will travel to project sites in Michigan and the Great Lakes Area
- Prepare conceptual site models and remedial alternatives analyses
- Prepare bidding documents, request for proposals and assist in subcontractor procurement for a variety of environmental remediation systems
- Prepare engineering cost estimates to implement remedial technologies
- Review of contractor submittals including equipment, work plans and QA / QC plans
- Tracking payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals
- Self-implement or oversee implementation of remedial technologies with assistance of junior level staff
- Conduct project closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, record drawings and contract closeout
- Complete operation and maintenance inspections of remediation systems under guidance of an experienced operator
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and the preparation of summary reports under the guidance of a Senior or Principal Scientist / Geologist or Engineer
- Manage and analyze large environmental datasets with spreadsheets and other technical software, prepare plots and quantitative summaries and document analytical methods
- Prepare engineering calculations, engineering drawings, technical memorandum and other tasks related to a civil / environmental engineering design project
- Mentor junior staff
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work effectively under deadlines and budgets
- Work in a team setting with other engineering disciplines and Amec Foster Wheeler Offices
- Learn and stay up-to-date on guidance, state and federal environmental regulations
- Deliver processed data in organized fashion, following data management and network standards
- Participate in training events, project meetings and engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards, maintain permits and training certificates
- Our professionals work on many projects at one time and must have the ability to maintain successful client relations
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering or related field
- Michigan PE license
- 10 to 20 years environmental experience including environmental remediation engineering
- Understanding of means and methods and ability to perform engineering calculations and designs associated with environmental remediation technologies and treatment systems including air sparging, soil vapor extraction systems, vapor mitigation, biodegradation, chemical injections, pump and treat and / or soil excavation
- Strong fundamental math skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written and organizational abilities
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- Computer literate – MS Word, Excel, CADD familiarity, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- HAZWOPER 40 hour training
- Working outside in various weather conditions, uneven terrain
- Office work with computer
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.