Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: London, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to continuing success in London and the south-east, we are looking to recruit a Consultant to join our team working on the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA) and Sustainability Appraisals (SA).
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of a reputable and successful team and contribute to a wide range of high-profile projects across Amec Foster Wheeler’s business. We have a proven track record in delivering high profile major projects across sectors including transport, nuclear, renewables, water, government and industrial, and with a strong work book we are looking to expand our team.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Amec Foster Wheeler’s wider Environment & Infrastructure consultancy business.
Building on a strong academic background and experience in the fields of EIA, SEA, or SA, you will be responsible for providing support to the Environmental Assessment team in terms of delivering environmental consultancy services to a full range of clients. You will also be involved in supporting technical studies including air quality, noise and ecology.
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and SEA
- A proven track record working in a similar position within the UK
- An ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written work is essential combined with a high level of computer literacy and a keen interest in environmental issues
- You should also be interested in assisting the undertaking of specialist environmental surveys such as noise and air quality monitoring
- You should also have an interest in progressing to eventually fulfil a project management role in environmental consultancy
- You will be required to visit client premises and Amec Foster Wheeler’s other offices and this will require a full driving licence
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.