Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an Intermediate Multidiscipline Biologist to join our team in Saskatoon or Regina, SK.
Amec Foster Wheeler is an International project management and engineering services company that designs, delivers and supports client assets for customers across the public and private sectors. Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure (Amec Foster Wheeler E&I), a division of Amec Foster Wheeler Americas, focuses on consulting services within the fields of geotechnical engineering, environmental sciences, water resource engineering, materials testing and infrastructure design. Amec Foster Wheeler E&I employs more than 7,000 employees working from a network of offices throughout North America and Internationally.
Our Saskatoon and Regina offices currently have over 100 professional and technical staff offering services in all of our core disciplines and are looking for suitable candidates to fill an Intermediate level Multidiscipline Biologist position.
- Design and conduct independent field surveys for at-risk sensitive and common species throughout western Canada using appropriate sampling protocols
- Understand and provide advice on habitat requirements of at-risk and sensitive species in western Canada
- Environmental monitoring on a wide variety of construction projects
- Contribute to environmental impact assessments, mitigation plans and proposals, including writing the discipline sections of Environmental and Socio-Economic Impact Assessments and preparing proposal budgets and work plans
- Prepare and obtain regulatory approvals for a wide variety of projects such as transportation, renewable energy, mining, oil and gas, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. in Biology, Ecology or related discipline with five years experience and eligible for P.Biol. certification
- Able to carry out the above noted responsibilities in at least three of the following disciplines in the Saskatchewan environment (grassland and boreal habitats):
- Wildlife (particularly avian and amphibian species)
- Plant taxonomy (rare plant inventory and invasive species)
- Wetland classification and wetland assessment (health and function)
- Soils, sediment and erosion control
- Fisheries and aquatic sciences
- Detailed knowledge of the provincial and federal environmental assessment regulatory environment in Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba regulatory knowledge would be an asset
- Minimum of three years experience in environmental monitoring
- Able to work in remote locations for extended periods of time
- Excellent writing and communication skills, desire to grow business, and work closely (both in a field lead and support role) with other environmental professionals and environmental discipline leads within a strong safety culture
- Valid Driver’s License
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.