Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Power and Process business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada’s gas processing, power generation, and power distribution companies.
Amec Foster Wheeler currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager, Distribution. Reporting to the Department Manager, Distribution, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for the successful execution of distribution projects in our Vancouver office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Safe, environmentally responsible, timely and on-budget delivery of high voltage distribution projects
- Managing project team and sub-contractors to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of asset replacement or new capital/system improvement projects in order to meet or exceed client expectations
- Meeting with the client and managing their expectations
- Developing and executing project plans, designs, and studies that meet the client’s needs and comply with all applicable regulations
- Overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Amec Foster Wheeler personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Providing status reports to project sponsors regarding the overall project progress and performance
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal teams
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support
- Provide leadership in discipline, operation and efficiency of the projects undertaken by the Distribution Project Group.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree or Technologist diploma
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate is an asset
- Fifteen or more years of project management experience
- Ten years of experience in all aspects of project management activities in transmission and distribution, including at least five years of increasing responsibility as a team lead or manager
- Knowledge of Primavera/MS Project would be an advantage
- Fully conversant with all aspects of project execution cycle from definition to implementation including engineering, contracts, procurement, field engineering, construction, commissioning and closeout.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Great team working and mentoring skills
- Previous experience in line personnel management and performance development
- Proven capability of handling multiple projects or supervising multiple Project Managers at a subordinate level
- Experience in power line asset replacement and new capital/system improvement
- Ability to travel to field locations when required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.