Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: San Diego, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Associate Civil Engineer. Duties will include the development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design computations, reports and construction documents. The position will be technically involved in detailed design work, detailed checking of work completed by others, coordination of civil designs on multi-discipline projects, serving as Designer of Record, and resolution of design issues that may include performing field investigations.
The candidate will provide a diverse range of civil design duties for federal, municipal and commercial related services which may include:
- Developing asphalt and concrete paving and site civil designs including development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design computations, reports and construction documents of varying size and complexity
- Conducting technical review of reports, correspondence, calculations, preparing technical recommendations, and responding to questions/comments regarding site civil and pavement designs
- Identifying and defining scope, technique, price, and schedule
- Preparing, directing, and reviewing cost estimates
- Maintaining effective client relations
- Implementing QA/QC procedures within design teams
Skills / Qualifications
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 12+ years of progressively responsible engineering and management experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California or Nevada
- Experienced in preparation of plans, specifications and cost estimate, and providing engineering support services during construction of federal or municipal projects
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare reports
- Demonstrated project task management abilities
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.