Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Power & Process Minneapolis Office is part of an international company; our office has deep knowledge and experience in the food industry, bioprocessing, traditional power and power distribution. Our capacity and experience in the EPC / CM space is growing quickly. As a result there is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Department Manager the Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead a team of mechanical engineers and designers working on process industry projects for feasibility studies and detailed engineering.
Responsibilities will include developing and maintaining scope of work, deliverable's planning, workload planning, man-hour estimating, managing engineering budgets and schedules, reporting of progress and technical direction of the team. Your knowledge, skills and business acumen will be applied as you become involved in mechanical engineering activities including preparation of technical specifications, bid evaluations, vendor liaison and vendor drawing reviews for mechanical equipment packages. You will also use your skills to perform engineering calculations, preparation technical reports, oversee the development of mechanical and piping arrangement drawings and construction work packages. Your experience and leadership skills will be used to coach / mentor junior engineers and designers.
- Providing overall technical leadership to mechanical engineers and designers on projects to which you are assigned
- Quality of work, schedule and budgets for the mechanical team on projects
- Coordination with various stakeholders including other disciplines, project management team, vendors and clients to facilitate smooth flow of information
- Designing systems related to the process and power generation industries; such as fluid transfer systems, process utility systems, boilers, heat exchangers, piping, HVAC, dust collection, refrigeration and other related industrial systems
- Sizing, selecting and writing specifications for equipment procurement
- Developing detailed design construction work packages including mechanical and piping drawings and construction specifications
- Apply knowledge of North American codes, regulations and standards
- Provide mechanical input in to proposals including scope definition, man hour estimates and schedule development
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and / or Project Managers, including those required for definition phase engineering studies
- Developing and maintaining positive, sustainable client relationships
- Communicating, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
Skills / Qualifications
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant consulting engineering and / or process industry experience
- Licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer or the ability to become licensed in 24 months
- Proven experience in the power and process industry is preferred; other related industries will be considered
- Ability to design process systems: including fluid transfer, process utility, boilers, heat exchangers, piping, HVAC, dust collection, refrigeration and other industrial systems
- Ability to develop detailed construction work packages
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and can function well in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required (written and verbal English skills)
- Solid project management and proposal experience (mechanical input on scope, schedule, budget) and ability to lead and inspire a team
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.