Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a Mechanical Supervisor. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian Market. As a result of this, Construction Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to his / her particular discipline and area of work
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
- Continually review material and equipment deliveries and report discrepancies and / or shortages to the Discipline Superintendent and Material Controller
- Ensure that contractors record all quality control checks, and that all quality documentation is available for inclusion in the handover dossiers. Ensure all quality control checks and tests are executed in accordance with the contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications
- Witness, inspect and maintain surveillance checks on contractors work in accordance with the site quality plan requirements, and agreed ITP’s. Ensure that all inspection activities are recorded in the appropriate records
- Assist the Discipline Superintendent in preparing all reports relative to the work progress in his area and attend progress meetings as and when required
- Continually monitor the installation progress comparing planned and actual progress measures claimed by the Contractor. Inform Discipline Superintendent of shortfalls and anomalies
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive exposure to Mechanical Construction activities within an Oil & Gas or Petrochemical environment
- Considerable experience of supervising Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.