Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St Paul, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an on-call Archaeology Field Technicians to assist with archaeological field investigations.
Typical investigations include Phase I archaeological surveys to identify and document archaeological sites, and Phase II assessments to test integrity and significance of archaeological sites for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places.
The current project will last approximately 40-hours per week for 5-7 continuous weeks during mostly October and November 2016. The field location will be in a St. Paul, MN suburb. Travel expenses including hotel and vehicle / mileage will not be part of this project’s reimbursable expenses. Fifteen dollar ($15) lunch per diems will be paid as a reimbursable expense.
- Perform pedestrian reconnaissance and shovel tests; and, may perform test unit excavations, mechanical excavation monitoring, site documentation and artifact analyses under supervision of a Field and / or Laboratory Director
- Assist historic and prehistoric artifact identification, document features and other archaeological deposits, prepare site descriptions, photograph features and artifacts, prepare sketch maps of sites and complete field forms completely and accurately
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a related field required
- Completion of an accredited archaeological field school and / or demonstrate comparable experience in archaeological investigations preferred
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures and various MN biota)
- Must be able to hike cross-country at least five miles per day while carrying personal equipment and supplies and carry out the physical effort to hand excavate test units
- Must be willing to take direction and work as part of a team
- Must have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Prior to employment, applicants are required to take separate drug screening and physical fitness exams which Amec Foster Wheeler will arrange
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.