Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Junior Water Resources Engineer in Phoenix, AZ.
Are you a Civil Engineer with 0 – 3+ years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employees enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Will conduct field investigations on various projects including but not limited to dam safety inspections, hydrology and hydraulic evaluations, and levee inspections for our municipal, state and federal government clients
- Perform engineering calculations and hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling
- Assist in analysis and design studies and produce written and oral reports
- Will be required to become familiar and use the following software: HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-2, HEC-RAS, SWMM, AutoCAD, Esri GIS and Visual Basic
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior engineers
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil required
- EIT Certification preferred
- 0-3 + years of experience
- Technical writing and communication skills
- Storm water modeling knowledge and experience beneficial
- Must pass a drug screen, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.