Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Knoxville, TN, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an exciting opportunity in the Knoxville, Tennessee office for a Senior Remediation Engineer with experience in consulting, managing, designing and implementing on RI / FS projects.
Experience with Government clients (DOD, DOE, etc.) and industrial and commercial clients is a plus. We are looking for a candidate who is excited and motivated about the opportunity to grow our environmental consulting business.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Knoxville, Tennessee office provides a broad range of services in engineering and environmental sciences. Our staff of approximately 50 engineers, geologist, hydrogeologists, scientists and support personnel specializes largely in soil and groundwater contamination assessment and remediation. Candidate would provide support through all phases of assessment and remediation from preliminary screening through remedial investigation, feasibility study, remedial design, remedial action and construction oversight.
- Perform design, oversight, mentorship and direct the efforts of staff- and project-level engineers
- Market and develop new work to support the continued growth of the engineering department and the office
- Lead preparation of technical reports and proposals
- Oversee mentoring of employees
- Successfully interact with other Principals and Senior-level employees in the office and firm-wide
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are achieved
- Travel to project(s) as needed, for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering required, MS in Engineering or related field is a plus
- Professional licensure in Engineering (Civil, Chemical or Environmental)
- 15+ years related environmental experience
- Previous consulting experience required
- Proven track record to market and develop new work
- Strong work ethic
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules
- Qualified candidate should have experience with CERCLA and RCRA environmental regulations
- Developing and managing complex engineering design and design-build projects
- Oversee remedy construction and operation and maintenance of environmental project work
- Selling, managing, performing, and consulting on projects and programs, including a wide range of project sizes
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.