Moab, UT, US
Moab, UT, US
Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Moab, UT, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an opportunity for a Dosimetry Assistant / Radiological Task Qualified Technician at the Moab Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action (UMTRA) Project located in Moab and Crescent Junction, UT. Ideal job candidates will have strong computer skills (data entry, word processing and spread sheeting) and have some radiological control experience and / or the willingness to train in the collection and handling of Radiobioassay and Dosimetry samples.
- Utilizes and assists with day-to-day administration of the Radiological Employee Dosimetry Database System (REDDS) in all aspects of programmatic input and records generation
- Performs Radiobioassay duties including the assignment of individuals to the bioassay sample schedules, generation and distribution of bioassay collection kits to all assigned radiological control workers, and collection and packaging of urine samples for shipment to vendor lab for processing while maintaining chain of custody
- Performs External Dosimetry duties including the collection, issue, retrieval and maintenance of all external monitoring devices on a routine basis
- Will undergo a training plan to become the backup to the Dosimetry Coordinator in all aspects of the Radiobioassay and External Dosimetery programs
- Additional duties include but are not limited to monitoring radiological work using hand-held radiation survey and counting instruments, obtaining field measurements, documenting radiological controls for various radiological activities and conducting radiological surveys
- Must be able to follow a standard protocol for radiological surveys and radiological support coverage
- Performs project duties in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and ESH&Q requirements
- Work location will be based on the needs of the project and may be at either the Moab or Crescent Junction Sites
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have strong computer and general office skills including data entry and proficiency with Microsoft Word / Excel
- Must be detail oriented have excellent communication skills and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Motivated and willing to work as part of a team and perform multiple job functions
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- Radiological TQT experience is not required, training will be provided
A Radiological Task Qualified Technician or TQT is a Radiological Control Technician (RCT) in training. To qualify for a RCT role, the TQT requires a minimum of three years of RCT-related experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.