Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Kingston-Upon-Hull, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler, a recent winner of the Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award for 'Best Place to Work in 2016 - UK Category', is looking for a Crane Project Manager to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in our Hull office for a duration of 12 months.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution. This position is specifically for our Centrica Storage project (CSL).
You will join the Project Management Function which leads the successful delivery of our projects from concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. The Project Management Function provides Project Directors, Project Managers, Project & Interface Engineers, and Package Managers ensuring that stakeholder objectives are met. Projects undertaken can be on a variety of contract basis, lump sum, reimbursable or risk and reward. Project size and complexity can vary significantly.
CSL are planning a Heavy Lift barge next year for the removal and installation of the platform cranes.
We have been requested to source a focal point for the cranes (platform strengthening is the initial priority). This is seen as a must have from them and the scope could grow to having a team who concentrate on heavy lift scopes.
- Establishment of the project execution plan. To include definition on project objectives and strategies, work scope, risk and opportunities, overall work plan and schedule, financial plan, quality and safety requirements, etc. This will be consistent with the terms of the respective contract and Amec Foster Wheeler project execution plan mandatory contents.
- The administering of the contract agreements between Amec Foster Wheeler and its Client.
- The administering of the contract agreements between Amec Foster Wheeler and its subcontractors whereby Amec Foster Wheeler and Client interests are protected and costs are managed.
- The maintaining of close contact with respective Clients throughout the project to ensure satisfactory reaction to client’s needs or criticisms.
- The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to Amec Foster Wheeler Management and Client.
- Preparation of regular project progress and cost reports. Cost report to include the Earned Value Analysis with Forecast on completion.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
- The promotion of quality and safety on the project in consultation with quality and safety representatives. The issuing of directions for Job close-out and the securing of the final project acceptance and contract release from client.
- Commitment to and promotion of Amec Foster Wheeler’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject OR HND/HNC and preferably membership of appropriate Institute.
- Leading and managing multidiscipline projects through all phases of design, construction, commissioning and close out.
- Experience in either mechanical, structural, E&I or controls engineering discipline.
- Experience in project engineering of multidiscipline engineering design teams.
- Experienced in coordinating and interfacing with construction team and sub contractors.
- Experienced in coordinating and controlling team delivery in accordance with agreed cost, schedule and change without compromising HSSEQ standards.
- Experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with client and sub-contractors.
- Propose and execute remedial actions for all identified problem areas associated with schedule slippage.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.