Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: London, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
As a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy Amec Foster Wheeler work throughout the UK across a wide range of sectors including Property, Defence, Water, Waste, Transportation and Energy. Due to expansion of our Infrastructure business unit we are seeking motivated and ambitious individuals to join our Project Management/Project Controls teams in the South East and Midlands.
We are looking for dedicated Assistant Project Managers and Project Managers, responsible for the successful delivery of small and medium size projects predominantly in design phase but with opportunities for Construction-phase project management as well. The role will involve project management tasks across a variety of projects and sectors at any one time, providing direction to the project team and supporting Project Directors.
The position will provide an interesting and varied workload drawing upon your technical, organisational and communication skills and will require a methodical approach to planning and managing projects. As a consultancy our main asset is our people and so it is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills to maximise both internal and external work opportunities.
Duties may include:
- planning what work needs to be done, when and who’s going to do it
- assessing the risks involved in a particular project and managing these risks
- making sure the work is done to the right standard
- motivating the team of people involved in the project
- co-ordinating work done by different people
- making sure the project is running on time and to budget
- dealing with changes to the project as and when necessary
- making sure the project delivers the expected outcomes and benefits
- accurate estimating and forecasting, including Earned Value Analysis
- writing project management documentation such as Project Execution Plans, Quality Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Stakeholder Management Plans; and effectively implementing these
- liaising with the customer and stakeholders
- contract administration and interfacing with the legal team
- supporting bid teams and developing elements of bid submissions
Skills / Qualifications
You will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent), preferably in Engineering, Science or Project Management. You should also be able to demonstrate that you are a hardworking, ambitious and well-rounded individual. Successful candidates should:
- Be self-motivated in continuing professional development (CPD)
- be effective at planning, monitoring and reviewing
- be decisive and able to work well under pressure
- be good at problem solving
- have a good understanding of health and safety
- possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- be able to co-ordinate work carried out by different people and organisations
- be able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- have a minimum level of intermediate excel skills
- have skills in developing and managing schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- be excellent at time management and managing competing pressures from different projects
- have an understanding of the NEC3 Suite of Contracts
- have experience in construction and engineering projects
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.