Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on an FEED project starting in September 2016. The project involves tie-ins / modifications and new process units for an existing site in Saudi Arabia. Engineering and design is to be carried out in Reading.
The role is expected to run for approximately 9 months, with potential follow-on work.
The successful candidate will have experience of working on similar projects, and preferably HAVE Saudi Aramco experience including the below:
- Electrical studies and calculations (ETAP) load flow, short circuit, motor starting, arc flash and protection
- Distribution and power generation engineering from concept to detail development including tie-ins to existing facilities
- Single line diagram and protection system development
- Specification of major electrical equipment
- Codes and standards and their application
- Area classification
- Specification, evaluation and procurement of equipment and materials
- Provide Electrical input to package equipment specifications for major mechanical packages
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer preferably
- Experience in Front End Engineering Design (FEED) projects
- Computer literate Microsoft office, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.