Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Resident Engineer (RE) with a minimum of 10 years of RE experience on transportation projects to join our team in Salt Lake City, UT. This position requires a candidate with effective time-management, written communication, planning, organization and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has the ability to take initiative, work independently and coordinate efforts with multi-discipline teams. The candidate must possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to produce high quality work under short time constraints.
As a Resident Engineer you will play a key role in expanding the capabilities of a successful transportation group in Salt Lake City. The ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product, and an interest in taking on a leadership role.
The successful candidate will be part of the core management team and will have significant opportunity for growth.
- Will be responsible for contract administration and construction engineering management (CEM) programs per the UDOT Construction Manual of Instruction
- Maintain effective client relationships; leverages project experience to win work
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQs and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output
- Write reports and technical memos
- Manage client communications, expectations, and satisfaction
- Recognizes and initiates business development opportunities
- Manage, advise, coach and develop field engineers and highway inspectors
- Will travel to project sites primarily in Utah; Approximately 50% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Utah Professional Engineers License
- 10+ years as a Resident Engineer with project experience from contract administration through project close out
- Self-starter with strong oral and written communications skills
- Detail oriented, proactive individual who takes ownership of his/her work
- Proficiency in following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- PDBS, Project Wise, UDOT Materials Database
- Candidates must be familiar with UDOT’s Construction Engineering Management Program and the certification process
- Current UDOT Resident Engineer qualifications/certifications
- Experience with alternative project delivery and federally funded local government projects a plus
- Existing relationships with UDOT Project Managers, District Engineers and/or City Engineers a preferred
- Existing relationships with heavy civil contractors a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and win work
- Motivated to develop business from new and existing clients
- Availability to work outside normal business hours as required
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% overnight
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.