Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is seeking a Construction Manager with experience in a variety of design-build and design-bid-build construction projects. Responsibilities will include construction oversight, subcontractor oversight, submittal reviews, work plan reviews, daily/weekly/monthly production and reporting, safety management and oversight, and other tasks as required to support the Construction Manager. The project is construction of the support facilities and infrastructure for a large radar system. Project duration is approximately 1 year.
- Constructability review of overlapping subcontracts
- Oversee subcontractors’ adherence to the plans and specifications, as well as HASP related to the project
- Oversee subcontractors adherence to quality standards, scheduling, and cost control
- Prepare daily and weekly construction production reports
- Assist the Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) with daily safety tail gate briefings and onsite safety monitoring
- Maintain an orderly and complete history of the work in monthly, weekly, and/or daily reports as required.
- Interface with on-site client and their support contractor to coordinate timing of site visits and field activities.
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts.
- Work with Field Project Scheduler to status schedule and plan for future activities
- Support earned value management reporting
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be a US citizen
- 15 + years of experience working in the field on various construction activities including infrastructure and buildings
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or other related discipline; experience instead of degree will be considered
- Experience using earned value techniques a plus
- Strong work ethic, team player, self-motivated
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.