Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Lysekil, Sweden
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has an overseas assignment opportunity for a General Superintendent with extensive Oil and Gas or Petrochemical experience to supervise and coordinate the activities of Discipline Superintendents and engineers on site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate the construction requirements to all contractors’ and staff ensuring compliance and conformance with the safety plan, quality plan and Client requirements
- Ensure that all personnel on site are instructed and motivated with respect to health, safety and environmental requirements and comply with the site regulations and permit to work procedures
- Ensure all construction contractors’ supervision and labour, adhere strictly to the project drawings, specifications, standards and procedures
- Management and guidance of supervision to ensure site productivity and efficiency result in meeting contract targets
- Ensure that the completion, acceptance and handover procedures are progressively implemented
- In conjunction with Commissioning Manager ensure pre-commissioning requirements are undertaken in accordance with project specifications and procedures, and coordinated with ongoing construction activities.
- Support, promote, and champion the Amex FW core values throughout the Construction Execution phase.
Skills / Qualifications
12 years experience in Construction management activities within Oil & Gas or Petrochemical sector
5 years experience of supervising Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
Excellent communication and presentation skills
A degree in a relevant construction discipline is desirable
- Considerable experience of supervising PMC Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
Experience in PMC/EPC organisations in refineries, petrochemical of project values not less than USD$500 million
Previous experience working with Amec Foster Wheeler would be an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws