Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
We currently have an opportunity for a Finance Manager. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, this position will report to the Vice President, Finance Mining and Metals Americas. This role is responsible for all aspects of finance for the Mining & Metals operation. The successfull candidated will be working in a team environment, sharing responsibilities with other members of the finance teams within the Mining & Metals operation. The incombent is expected to provide direct support to Project Manager,s Project Administrators and Senior Management of the Mining & Metals operation. Some travel may be required. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Responsible for monthly consolidation of Mining & Metals Americas results.
- Responsible for monthly reporting, including performing detailed analysis and evaluation of monthly results and budget submissions.
- Prepares and/or reviews business unit reports in order to analyze variances and respond to inquiries from upper management.
- Prepares weekly sales report and graphs.
- Review and upload actual data into the Amec Foster Wheeler consolidation system (HFM) and prepares accurate and timely consolidated business unit monthly management reporting package.
- Prepares analysis, and reports on consolidated business unit statements and performance.
- Responsible for coordination of Mining & Metals annual budget process and monthly forecasts.
- Review and upload forecast and budget data into the Amec Foster Wheeler consolidation system (HFM) and prepares consolidated reports and analysis.
- Identifies and monitors project revenue/cost variances.
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and accuracy of project data.
- Liaises and provides support to the various operational business teams.
- Supervision of Financial Analyst.
- Provides high quality financial and analytical support to the management team.
- Responsible for half year, interim and year-end external audit schedules and tax working papers.
- Maintains a current knowledge of IFRS and financial reporting requirements.
- Adhoc financial analysis reports as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting along with a professional Accounting Designation.
- Minimum of 7years Post Qualified Experience.
- Foreign entity experience
- Experience in financial, statutory and management reporting and consolidation in a multi-currency environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, high-energy, change-agent.
- Strong team player with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- “Hands on” style.
- Independent worker
- Pro-active “doer” and team player.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with MDAX, Penta, Discoverer and Hyperion HFM/Enterprise an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with SOX is an asset
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted. By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to Amec Foster Wheeler sharing this information within its business units in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.