Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Seattle, WA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an entry level Geotechnical / Environmental Engineer to join our team in Washington State.
Are you an Engineer with 0 to 3 years of geotechnical environmental engineering experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with senior engineers and scientists on a wide variety of projects? Are you eager to conduct field work as well as engineering analyses? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established geotechnical engineering and environmental consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Responsibilities are primarily supporting project managers with a variety of tasks, both in the field and in the office. Work will mostly be based out of offices in Seattle and Bothell, Washington but there could be project travel as well. The candidate should feel comfortable interacting with clients, construction personnel and sub-contractors as a professional representative of Amec Foster Wheeler.
- Working in the field on project sites to perform geotechnical and environmental investigations, and construction monitoring related to earthwork and stormwater
- Conduct field exploration programs including managing subcontractors
- Interpret geologic, hydrogeologic and engineering characteristics of the subsurface
- Performing geotechnical engineering analysis for infrastructure and development project such as foundation, retaining wall and pavement design
- Oversight of soil excavation, demolitions and environmental treatment system installations under the supervision of an experienced CM
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and the preparation of summary reports under the supervision of project managers
- Learn and stay up-to-date on guidance, state and federal environmental regulations
- Deliver processed data in organized fashion, following data management and network standards
- Participate in training events, project meetings and engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards, maintain permits and training certificates
- Work on several projects at one time and maintain successful client relations
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with emphasis on geology, geotechnical and environmental coursework
- E.I.T / F.E.
- 0 to 3 years of practical engineering experience
- Willing to travel locally on a routine basis and may need to travel out of area occasionally
- Excellent communication both verbal and written and organizational abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- Working outside in various weather conditions and uneven terrain
- Working on construction sites
- Will lift equipment and carry laboratory samples which requires the ability to lift 40 pounds
- Office work with computer
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.