Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, ME, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Senior Project Architect with significant experience in healthcare, hospital and medical facility design to join our Portland, Maine design office. This individual will: interface with both internal and external clients; collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams; be dynamic, creative, quality driven, have excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills; and be a proactive problem solver.
Amec Foster Wheeler is a large multinational design firm with a global reach. We focus on providing our clients the highest quality services in all aspects of design, consulting, and construction. This position is located in Portland, Maine, one of the most livable cities in the US. Our projects in Portland are nationwide and international in range and scope. We have a full component of architecture and engineering staff in-house, and are committed to fully collaborative and integrated design with all team members contributing to our projects success. We offer the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
The candidate must demonstrate his/her capabilities in successfully managing and interfacing with a variety of healthcare clients through all phases of projects. Additionally this position includes leading architectural and engineering design teams and candidate should demonstrate his/her ability in this leadership role.
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following prerequisite qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor of Architecture or a Master of Architecture degree from an accredited college
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in leading healthcare facility design teams; VA hospital experience is highly desired
- Proven experience of practice management and leadership
- Significant client facing capabilities in the healthcare sector
- Demonstrated design leadership of significant healthcare projects
- Registered Architect, NCARB is desired
- LEED accreditation desirable
- Experience and understanding in current digital modeling applications
- Experience in all phases and technical aspects of healthcare facility design, from programming through post construction services
- Experience in fully participating in project capture
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.