Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Wastewater Network Modelling Assistant Consultant , looking to build a successful career in the water sector, specifically in Urban Drainage and Wastewater Network Modelling. You will be assigned a mentor within your team who will work and liaise closely with you in your day-to-day work. You will be trained to rapidly develop your knowledge to solve problems in urban drainage and further develop your skills in hydraulic modelling, GIS, legislation and business drivers.
As a Wastewater Network Modelling Assistant Consultant, you will be a key member of a well-established modelling team. You will be assisting in the production of complex drainage area plans to address urban flooding, pollution and development. You may also work closely with the Civil Design Engineering team to provide technical support in hydraulic calculations across a variety of sectors.
Duties may include:
- Construction of integrated catchment models using Innovyze ICM modelling package
- Completing simulations and interpreting results to present to clients
- Data manipulation in GIS packages such as MapInfo and InfoNet
- Data manipulation in Excel
- Production of drawings in MapInfo
- Organise and manage site based investigations
- Prepare technical reports including developer assessments, flood risk assessments and drainage area planning documents
- Preparation and checking of calculations
- Providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring models meet required standards following client specifications and Amec Foster Wheeler’s quality procedure
- Professional development through CIWEM involving maintaining a training log and attending training/Continuing Professional Development days (CPD), where appropriate
Skills / Qualifications
A level maths grade C or above is a minimum requirement for the role and you will hold a degree level qualification (or equivalent). Ideally this would be in a relevant subject but is not essential.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Interested in pursuing a career within wastewater network modelling
- Experience in data manipulation using Excel and GIS packages with a general interest in IT
- A theoretical knowledge of urban drainage and hydrology
- Good numerical/maths skills
- Good literacy and ability to write technical reports
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Able to manage own time and ability to prioritise at busy times
- Responsible, practical, adaptable and persevering
- Able to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise projects
- Work well within a team to deliver projects on time
- Safety conscious
If you have the right skills and are keen to contribute to an enthusiastic team, we will be pleased to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.