Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Wastewater Network Modelling Consultant looking to build a successful career in the water sector, specifically in Urban Drainage and Wastewater Network Modelling. This is a chance to further develop your career, working as part of a well-established, integrated team of water specialists in UK consultancy. Your work will be varied and challenging, you will be responsible for providing technical output and support at a local and national level to a wide range of clients, both internal and external, serving Water Companies, Developers, Government bodies and Industry.
You will have proven expertise in modelling wastewater networks typically with around 5 years experience using InfoWorks CS/ICM software and MapInfo. You must also be able to demonstrate good report writing and communication skills. You will have an inherent interest to keep abreast of new technologies in the field of urban hydrology, integrated catchment modelling and climate change.
Duties may include:
- Construction and verification of integrated catchment models using Innovyze ICM modelling package
- Supervision of junior staff
- Completing simulations and interpreting results to present to clients
- Identification of catchment risks
- Data manipulation in GIS packages such as MapInfo and InfoNet
- Data manipulation in Excel
- Production of drawings in MapInfo
- Organise and manage site based investigations
- Prepare technical reports including developer assessments, flood risk assessments and drainage area planning documents
- Preparation and checking of calculations
- Providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring models meet required standards following client specifications and Amec Foster Wheeler’s quality procedure
- Professional development through CIWEM involving maintaining a training log and attending training/Continuing Professional Development days (CPD), where appropriate
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc Civil Engineering (preferred)
- MSc Engineering Hydrology or similar (preferred)
- You will have experience in Engineering, Urban Drainage, Waste Water Networks, Hydraulics, Distribution Networks, Modelling (InfoWorks CS, RS; HECRAS; Micodrainage), Hydrology (FEH), and Mapinfo. Typically we would expect someone to have around 5 years' experience to have developed the knowledge and skills required to fulfil this role successfully.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.