Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Seascale, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler are recruiting for a Project Planner to support various nuclear related projects. The successful individual will be responsible for providing the Project Managers, Operations Managers and Project Delivery Function with project planning services.
- Generate the detailed Primavera project plan, obtain and verify regular updates/progress data from the design team, prepare project plan updates for the Project Manager
- Prepare formal progress reports for the Project Manager as required, work with the Cost Engineer to prepare monthly Earned Value reports to the project manager, including resource balancing structures
- Work with the Integration Team to maintain co-ordination of programs between teams
- Taking a proactive leadership role during project development, leading project interactive planning sessions to fully integrate with the project/engineering teams to provide best fit solutions to determine a logical approach to planning schedule backed up by engineering judgement
Skills / Qualifications
- Primavera P6 qualification
- Demonstrable experience, with nuclear industry experiences an advantage
- Planning experience working on a multi-discipline design project. MS-Project and Primavera P6 (preferably an accredited user)
- Engineering background with a good understanding of several engineering disciplines
- Experience interfacing with other technical disciplines on multi-discipline design projects
- Good judgment of programme, time & quality with ability to resolve in consultation with peers,work and communicate with others at all levels, effectively present and discuss ideas and plans giving guidance on work structure and improvement techniques throughout the planning stages
- Principles of engineering design, development, checking and design review, commercial awareness of financial implications of design decisions
- Programme linking and critical path analysis, resourcing of plans, and application of Earned Value analysis
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.