Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster in Reading has a position for a Smartplant Foundantion Administrator to join us on a 2 year contract.The SPF administrator's primary responsibility will be to develop, implement and administer the SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) application for our client and project team.
All associated production, training, acceptance testing and ongoing development of multiple environments according to the established policies and procedures.
The administrator shall collaborate with the Client PMC team and shall establish and enhance technical solutions to assist with maintenance and support of the SPF application, environments, and servers. The administrator must interact with SmartPlant users (SPI/SPEL/S3D/SPPID) to identify, analyse, troubleshoot and resolve problems that arise between the applications in an integrated environment. If necessary, they need to coordinate with other Information Services and Engineering organizations within the Client environment to implement the solution or resolve problems. Additionally, the administrator is responsible for compliance with Amec Foster Wheeler (and any client) policies and processes, and for performing all duties and activities in a safe and ethical manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Application Administrator Duties
- Create and manage SPF User Accounts
- Field SmartPlant User calls and requests
- Monitor server performance and implement approved recommendations
- Ensure server administration tools and maintenance activities are functioning properly
- and modify as necessary
- Perform reporting duties as required to the Client and PMC teams
- Identify and Implement administrative tools to improve monitoring and maintenance
- Assist Client team to perform server upgrades (SPF Core releases, Site releases, Oracle required upgrades, configuration changes, etc.) per established change control processes
- Perform development activities as directed by Company PD and SGS development team
Problem analysis and resolution
- Fixes causes, not just symptoms and work to eliminate recurring problems.
- Watch for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminates the problems
- before they occur
- Keep Client/PMC team informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment.
- Keep project team and users informed of problems, scheduled downtime or anything
- that affects the environment.
- Keep customers informed of progress on problems that cannot be resolved immediately
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in a similar role
- Industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.