Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior Modeller to join our modelling team based in our Newcastle upon Tyne Office. Ideally Chartered with a background in Engineering hydraulics and hydrology, this is an opportunity to develop your career, working as part of an integrated team of water specialists. You will have proven expertise in modelling wastewater networks typically with around 10 years experience using InfoWorks CS software, and you will have managed the technical delivery of a variety of such projects to a range of clients from inception to implementation.
Your work will be challenging and using the latest techniques and software, and you will be responsible for delivering projects to a high technical standard, mentoring junior staff, working closely with our engineering teams, and dealing directly with our clients.
Your role will include providing technical leadership, responsibility for the technical output in terms of project work and reports, providing support at a local and national level to a wide range of clients, including Water Companies, Developers and Government organisations and developing best practice within the modelling function.
Duties may include:
- Construction/ verification of integrated catchment models using Innovyze ICM modelling package
- Identification of catchment risks to client specifications
- Responsible for technical output
- Responsible for technical reports
- Model Audits – internal and external
- Supervision of junior staff
- Providing solutions to design problems
- Liaising with clients
- Ensuring models meet required standards following client specifications and Amec Foster Wheeler’s quality procedure
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc Civil Engineering (preferred)
- MSc Engineering Hydrology or similar (preferred)
- Charted (preferred)
- You will have experience in Engineering, Urban Drainage, Waste Water Networks, Hydraulics, Distribution Networks, Modelling (InfoWorks CS, RS; HECRAS; Micodrainage), Hydrology (FEH), and Mapinfo. Typically we would expect someone to have around 10 years' experience to have developed the knowledge and skills required to fulfil this role successfully.
- Water Quality modelling (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.