Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer to support our Nuclear Services Business Unit, from our offices in Birchwood, Warrington or Westlakes, Cumbria. The Principal Engineer will support the discipline Lead or RE with the management, direction and coordination of the Project Engineering work and interrelation with Project discipline teams. The Senior Engineer is also responsible for implementing Engineering Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work.
- Supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Front End Engineering Design including:
- Waste retrieval and treatment
- Decommissioning projects
- Nuclear new build
- POCO and care and maintenance projects
- Nuclear fusion
- Design justification or assessment of new and existing process plants as part of safety reports.
- Technical assessment on behalf of Nuclear regulators
- Key discipline contributor in Feasibility and Optioneering Studies.
- Hazard Identification Studies.
- Process Design Development.
- Business development through participation in bid work (technical and costing / scheduling)
- Leading small teams of multidisciplinary engineers, both internally and combined with partner companies, joint-ventures and client teams.
- Production and Checking of process deliverables including:
- Process flow sheets,
- PFDs / P&IDs,
- Datasheets and underpinning calculations
- Basis of Design,
- Process Descriptions etc.
- Development and Mentoring of younger engineers (graduates and early career engineers)
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree preferred - HNC minimum. Expected to be working towards chartered membership of the IChemE
- Able to evidence significant continual professional development
- Extensive experience in a role having direct influence over engineering practice and outcomes.
- Extensive experience of working within a highly regulated industry, including some gained within the nuclear industry
- Extensive years engineering design experience
- Experience of supervising engineering staff
- Ability to plan and estimate work
- An understanding of commercial and contract administration
- Effective communication within team and with stakeholders
- Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with and oversee multidiscipline and multiple tasks across projects
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.