Skills: HR - General
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler, a recent winner of the Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award for 'Best Place to Work in 2016 - UK Category', is currently recruiting for a Training and Competency Co-ordinator,based in Aberdeen on a fixed term contract for 3 months.
Reporting to the Competency Manager, this role will provide a proactive and customer focused service of all aspects of training & competence.
- Ensure that all administration is carried out professionally, following best practice guidelines and is in accordance with company procedures
- All documentation to be prepared and actioned within agreed timescales in order to ensure value adding service provided to the business
- Attend meetings and produce minutes/take actions as required
- Deal promptly and politely with queries raised (preferably face to face, but also by email or over the telephone) by employees, managers and external personnel
- Utilise and grow relationships within the business in order that HR is considered as adding value to the business
- Have a robust understanding of the Competency Managing System, ensuring that, where required, reports can be produced
- Administration of Amec Foster Wheeler apprentice and improver scheme
- Administration of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Capability Development Competence Assurance system
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in document management
- Relevant experience in a similar training and competency role
- Experience in systems and process management
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Knowledge of competence assurance processed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to present self confidently - interact comfortably and professionally with personnel at every level
- Ability to quickly build relationships and work with colleagues at all levels within the business
- Must be a good team player
- Positive attitude which influences delivery to the business
- Helpful, professional, personable and friendly manner
- Work confidentially at all times
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with business requirements
- Ability to produce work accurately and work to tight deadlines
- Able to deal assertively and diplomatically with client departments
- Able and willing to challenge situations appropriately
- Data rational including data entry & retrieval skills together with validation of data
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and with business and project requirements while maintaining corporate HR requirements
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.