Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler re recruiting for Control and Instrumentation (C&I) professionals at all levels, from Graduate to Technical Lead, to join our Clean Energy business that supports clients in the nuclear industry in the UK and Europe from our office in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The Amec Foster Wheeler Clean Energy business provides specialist engineering, safety case support and project management to our customers’ operations within the Nuclear Sector. We have long term relationships with several major clients in the civil nuclear and defence industries. We have opportunities to work across a variety of nuclear projects at all stages of the project life cycle, from initial planning to end of life decommissioning.
You will be joining an organisation that delivers an integrated customer solution that draws upon the global Amec Foster Wheeler skills base and our supply chain partners.
- Successful execution of high quality engineering work to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
- Support projects that are concerned with replacement of obsolete C&I systems / equipment or development of new systems, in particular control / PLC systems
- Support the design, configuration, implementation and testing of SCADA systems
- Design and testing of simulation software devices for complete project simulation
- Input in to the safety justifications for the new or replacement C&I systems/components
- Understanding of fault analysis and reliability assessments using recognised techniques such as FMEA, FTA, HAZID and HAZOP
- Manage own engineering design and assessment work within associated project budgets
- Engage with clients in order to understand technical needs and develop successful working relationships
Skills / Qualifications
- Educated, or undergoing education, to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or scientific field
- Membership of an appropriate Institute.
- A willingness to spend time working on client sites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and demonstration of working well in teams
For current C&I engineers, the above requirements plus:
- Knowledge and experience of a range of C&I equipment and its application in both conventional and safety related applications
- Previous work on PLCs or control systems is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.