Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler currently have an exciting opportunity for Project Accountant position. This role has overall responsibility for all aspects of project billing and general accounting. You will provide direct support to the business unit finance personnel and to the project managers. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Set up project in both Accounting and Project Management systems (Penta & Convero). Ensuring project set up generates appropriate results
- Generating and reviewing client invoices to ensure they are in accordance with the contract terms
- Carrying out monthly revenue recognition on projects
- Identifying and monitoring project revenue/cost variances
- Reconciling and analyzing projects and related information
- Monitoring projects accounts receivable aging and WIP aging
- Liaising between projects and accounting department to resolve questions or problems
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of project budgets
- Preparing and reviewing business unit reports in order to analyze variances and respond to inquiries from upper management
- Other Finance department projects as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Accounting diploma with minimum 2 years of experience in financial and business accounting roles
- Project experience is an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and pro-active problem solver
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.