Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: London, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an Assistant Consultant - Air Quality to join our team in London. Amec Foster Wheeler’s air quality team has a long track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and clients. We are currently working on projects in a range of sectors such as transport including aviation, government, clean energy, conventional and renewable energy, mining, general industry and oil and gas in the UK and internationally.
Due to the continued success of our team, we are currently looking to recruit a high-calibre Assistant Consultant to support the delivery of projects across some or all sectors. The successful candidate will be keen to begin a career in air quality and to develop his or her skills at Amec Foster Wheeler, one of the world’s leading engineering, project management and consultancy companies. There will also be opportunities to support other teams on environment and sustainability related projects.
Amec Foster Wheeler is committed to the continued professional development of its staff. You will be supported and guided by senior colleagues, and provided with suitable training. You will have excellent opportunities to progress by furthering your technical capabilities and to explore the wider interests of our company. With us, you’ll be challenged, you’ll be encouraged to excel, you’ll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career and you’ll be proud to be part of the Amec Foster Wheeler team.
Working in the Air Quality Team you will provide inputs to both large and small consultancy projects and proposals, many of which are multi-disciplinary. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Air quality and odour monitoring on site
- Atmospheric dispersion modelling using ADMS, ADMS-Roads, AERMOD and other models
- Emissions inventory compilation
- Data collection and analysis
- Assessment and reporting
- Providing support to other environment/sustainability teams as required
You will be expected to work to manage your own workload and work to deadlines and budgets.
Skills / Qualifications
- A keen interest in developing your skills and a career at a globally recognised environmental consultancy
- Minimum upper second degree-level qualification in engineering, science or maths and ideally also a postgraduate qualification in environmental science, technology, engineering or policy
- Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis skills and understanding of physical and chemical processes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write concise reports in English
- The ability to develop Excel-based spreadsheet solutions to manipulate efficiently large and complex datasets
- Full UK driving licence
- Basic knowledge of air quality monitoring techniques and strategies would be advantageous
- Some experience of using air dispersion models would be advantageous
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.