Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Secure your future in Canada’s dynamic nuclear industry.
Be part of an exciting industry that provides challenge and opportunities for growth and development.
We are a member of the Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) global family. Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is an engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff, and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Scheduler / Planner with extensive experience in the Nuclear industry.
Reporting to the Project Controls Section Manager, this position is located at Bruce Power at either Port Elgin or Tiverton, ON offices. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Develop and maintain multi-level project/program schedules identifying cost and resource predictions, including labour, material, and equipment and contract requirements. Discuss issues and problems with project team members and stakeholders. Perform financial calculations, and make recommendations to the Project Manager/Team as to the most cost-effective manner of achieving project results, with particular emphasis on the inter-relationships between competing alternatives. Facilitate project team dynamics in order to develop multi-disciplined team solutions
- Develop and maintain the baseline program budget and schedule for the life of the program. Assemble and consolidate data including detailed cost/benefit analysis of competing alternatives. Collect, assemble, summarize and perform integrity checks on individual project budget data in order to establish overall department and division program business planning submissions
- Produce cost, schedules and resource reports and graphics to be used for the basis of staffing plans, and strategic resource planning decisions. Conduct periodic sensitivity analysis for the overall program for issues arising due to strategic changes such as, the addition/deleting of projects, outage duration or schedule variations, budgetary constraints, etc. Prepare project/program summary reports indicating status on the overall scope, schedule, cost and concerns to be addressed by the management team
- Assist with establishment and administration of project/program change control process. Ensure planning and control documentation is consistent with sound engineering, economic and project management principles, and provides optimum conformity to established standards. Provide planning and control expertise. Consult with customers to determine specific requirements, and provide analysis and resolution of planning and control problems to contractors, consultants, manufacturers, suppliers and internal project participants. Promote the use of established project management standards and techniques on all projects/programs and the development of new standards as required
- Resolve controversial planning problems that may impact on the allocation of project resources associated with the achievement of Project/Program milestones. Contact all project stakeholders to coordinate their efforts, deal with engineering problems, expedite various phases of the work, and to integrate work efforts with the overall project schedule. As necessary, influence contacts to adopt a course of action, which is compatible with corporate policy and objectives
- Be knowledgeable of methods and procedures in use on various projects, both internally and externally, to analyze, evaluate and recommend effective alternatives to existing standards as appropriate. Ensure implementation of approved recommendations. Participate in the innovation, development and implementation of project management processes, application, tools and procedures and techniques
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Advanced Primavera P6 Certification and Experience
- Highly Proficient in using Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Technical College Graduate or Engineering Degree and a minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Experience working in a Consulting Engineering (EPC) environment and familiarity with typical engineering disciplines and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, proactive approach and have good organizational and planning skills
- Bruce Power Security Clearence required
Please note that this a Contract position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.