Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting an Electrical Engineer to join our multi-discipline project engineering team. We have a vacancy for a consultant level design engineer who, whilst based in our Newcastle office, will deliver the electrical design content of challenging industrial projects for our Clients within the utility, pharmaceutical, water and waste industries, and for process, chemical and general industrial companies and contracting organisations throughout the UK and beyond. Working within various multidiscipline project design teams you will contribute to the electrical discipline design inputs into projects at all stages from feasibility and optioneering through to the production of detailed designs for procurement and construction. Your varied duties will range from surveying and reporting on existing electrical installations, working up detailed installation designs and procurement documentation, to witnessing equipment acceptance tests. You will need to demonstrate a capability in the production of electrical design documentation: relevant to the sectors in which we operate.
If you have the right experience and skills, and are keen to work within an enthusiastic team delivering quality projects, we will be pleased to hear from you.
Skills / Qualifications
You will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, and will ideally either hold or be close to attaining chartered engineer status.
As a minimum you will need to demonstrate recent experience in producing the following:
- LV electrical design to BS7671; gained within a relevant engineering sector
- The evaluation, design and specification of electrical power and control systems, including switchgear and motor control centre, instrumentation, and cabling detailed design packges
- Working with P&IDs to create equipment, instrumentation, valve and load schedules
- The creation of electrical single line diagrams, block cabling, cable routing, and associated diagrams
- Fluency in the use of AMTECH cable design software
- DSEAR and hazardous area electrical installation
- A practical appreciation of electrical safe systems of work (awareness of the role of an Electrical Authorised person would be beneficial)
- Experience of testing, setting to work, and the commissioning of electrical equipment and control systems
A suitable candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- A good Client facing manner, and be diligent, confident and highly motivated; whether working as part of the Client’s team, together with Amec Foster Wheeler colleagues, or on their own
- The ability to communicate clearly in the English language; both verbally and in the production of good quality written documentation using MS Office applications
- The ability to work flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints
- A heightened awareness of have a heightened awareness of personal safety and an understanding of the CDM Regulations
- Good powers of observation; specifically of physical arrangements and construction practises
- The ability to travel and visit operational and construction sites as required, to act in a safe manner, and to asset survey, inspect, and witness test electrical equipment and installations
- Possession of a valid UK driving licence and a vehicle is essential, as is a willingness to travel and work for limited periods elsewhere within the UK (and on occasion overseas).
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.