Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Darlington, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to be based in Darlington with the first. We require extensive experience in the Oil and Gas, both on and offshore and Petrochemical industry.
- Liaise with Business Development, Proposals and Commercial Dept's to review contract and proposal handover documentation prior to commencement of the Project
- Ensure that Safety and integrity in Design must always be Priority
- Prepare and issue key projects documentation e.g. Execution Plans & Coordination Procedures etc
- Co-ordinate the activities of the main functional groups through their Management/Lead Engineers as appropriate on the project
- Initiate the formulation of project policy or recommendations to the Client in key areas
- Review with Departmental Managers the progress of work in their discipline areas as required
- Lead problem-solving sessions at all stages of the project, using procedures where appropriate
- Maintain cost awareness by all project personnel throughout all phases of project execution
- Prepare the Project Managers Report and critically review other inputs to the Monthly Progress Report, ensuring that the report is issued in a timely manner by the date specified for the Contract
- Approve and authorise project activities which have commercial and financial impact
- Identify and communicate the objectives for the project team in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and company policy - Communicate these objectives to the project team, Department Managers and Client
- Organise the project team and agree the assignment of all key personnel
- Motivate the project team towards the determined objectives through proactive communication, and by maintaining continued personal interest in achieving set targets
- Achieve health, safety and environmental, scheduled performance, cost, quality, requirements of the project from contract award to Clients acceptance
- Ensure that designated systems are adopted by the project team as soon as possible, after contract award
- Act as primary contact and maintain satisfactory relations with the Client
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in relevant subject
- Proven EPC Project Delivery track record within oil and gas and or petrochemical industries
- Prior background in project management / engineering
- Engineering Management experience, with site experience
- Have extensive experience in an appropriate industry (ideally in one or more of Oil & Gas, LNG & GTL, Refining, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, Power) and be willing and able to work both in the UK.
- Have a proven track record in Project Management and leading multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Be commercially astute and understand the different approaches required to managing lump sum and reimbursable work.
- Have a broad technical knowledge combined with excellent leadership skills
- All offshore certificates - BOISET, MIST
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws