Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Medicine Hat, AB, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an Engineering / Branch Supervisor for our Medicine Hat office. The ideal candidate will be capable of overseeing a group of engineers and technologists, and ensuring delivering of geotechnical, materials testing and environmental management services to local industry.
Reporting to the Office Manager for Lethbridge / Medicine Hat, the Engineering / Branch Supervisor will be responsible for the operational management and long-term development of the team, clients and related business development, oversight on technical quality, and delivery on projects. These responsibilities will be delivered within a framework that manages risks and prioritizes safety.
We are seeking an individual with a strong operational background and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to thrive in a dynamic, challenging environment, and provide sound leadership. She / he will be a key player in the organization, and having input in the overall direction of the Medicine Hat Office
- Provide leadership and oversee the office and ensure consistently high quality deliverables which satisfy client expectations
- Build, mentor and maintain a high level of team performance
- Lead business development with new and existing clients, establish and maintain client relationships
- Develop and implement new business and marketing goals
- Prioritize project workloads and the management of internal resources
- Effectively communicate, reinforce and model company policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate with staff, clients and management
- Lead and provide oversight to multi-disciplinary project teams in order to deliver high quality projects on time and within budget
- Participate in marketing efforts, prepare and present technical proposals
- Participate in the scientific analysis / preparation or review of technical reports
- Provide Safety Leadership
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc / MSc in Civil Engineering
- Registered P. Eng in Alberta or eligible to be registered as a P. Eng in Alberta
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, strong oral and written communication skills in English, strong contacts and previous working relationship with various cities and municipalities in Southern Alberta
- Proven track record in business development and strong client management skills
- High-level strategic planning, organization and execution skills
- Proven track record of profitable business management and growth
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience
- Skilled in the design of underground (storm, sanitary and water) and surface (roads) infrastructure and knowledge of local design standards
- Experience managing large projects
- Experience managing and motivating diverse workforce of project managers and technical staff
- Salary to be commensurate with experience and qualifications
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.